Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Chemical Romace - The Black Parade


Nobody can make the argument that my musical tastes aren't varied.

A recently released album I really enjoyed was "The Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance. Released in 2006, the CD was a concept album. The songs told the story and thoughts of a young, terminal cancer patient. Bitter, angry, morbid, regretful... many of the songs express some pretty dark themes. But there's also tenderness and sweetness... the band's singer (Gerard Way) believes that when death comes for you, it comes in the guise of your fondest memory. In this case, the memory of a parade that the young patient's father took him to as a child.

Perhaps too theatrical and loud for some, I really enjoyed it and still listen to it often. Favorite songs... "Disenchanted," "Famous Last Words" and "I Don't Love You"

1 comment:

Sam said...

Incredible, you do some incredible drawings mate and like this even though all you have drawn is merely an album cover it is still breathtaking, thank you for the entertainment, i aspire to be able to draw like you