Thursday, April 03, 2008

Vehicle Memories - 1970 Suzuki 100 cc


My first motorcycle was a Suzuki 100 cc. I bought it from my older brother for $125. He had beaten the crap out of it, including once running over a neighbor's dog. The dog accident launched him over the handlebars ala Evil Knievel. He tore all the skin off of his palms as he skidded across the pavement. The poor dog died.

After that, I was surprised that my parents let me buy the cycle from him.

As a result of the dog accident, the handlebars never really lined up perfectly, but I didn’t care.

I used to run the bike in the woods around the tiny airport north of our house, much to the chagrin of the airport people, who never caught me. I also used to ride this motorcycle around the Crex Meadows for hours on end, exploring all of the dirt paths and gravel roads in that massive nature area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just bought one of these

red 73 tc100 =]