Monday, February 11, 2008

Human Skulls


Maybe slightly creepy, but I'm reading a book on sketching portraits and basic knowledge of bone structures and proportions is pretty important. So here are a couple of skull sketches.

Also, this sketch marks an important milestone for me.

Last November, I returned to regular sketching, after about a 25 year break (I hadn't drawn on any regular basis since I was 17 - when I joined the Army). Over the last few months, I've tried to sketch something daily, sometimes a couple times a day. The milestone, then, is that I've filled up my first sketch notebook... about 140 sketches (I don't post everything I sketch. Some of it is REAL garbage.)

I hope I can keep this pace. It would be good to be looking back a year from now and seeing two or three more filled sketch notebooks.

No comments: